Saturday, June 20, 2020

Paul Anka - PAPA - "Son, I'm proud the way you've grown Make it on your own. Oh, I'll be O.K. alone."


Everyday my papa would work
To hope to make ends meet
To see that we would eat
Keep those shoes upon my feet
Every night my papa would take and
Tuck me in my bed
Kiss me on my head
Growing up with them was easy
The time had flew on by
The years began to fly
They aged and so did I
And I could tell
That mama she wasn't well
Papa knew and deep down so did she
So did she
When she died
Papa broke down and cried
And all he could say was, "God, why her? Take me!"
Everyday he sat there sleeping in his walking chair
He never went upstais
All Because she wasn't there
Then one day my Papa said
"Son, I'm proud the way you've grown
Make it on your own.
Oh, I'll be O.K. alone."
He said, "There are things that you must do"
He said, "There's places you must see"
And his eyes were sad as he
As he said goodbye to me
Every time I kiss my children
Papa's words ring true
He said, "Children live through you.
Let them grow! They'll leave you, too"
I remember every word Papa used to say
I kiss my kids and pray
That they'll think of me
Oh how I pray
They will think of me
That way
Someday

my mum died 45 days ago and my dad died 26 years ago...I am crying...still...
237
this is a true song of every man like me,my god is my parents,please respect your parents they are the only true friends of yours,
37
this song is killing me everytime i listen to it..cant hold my tears
229
There is nothing like Father and Mother, nothing can replace them, look after them when they are alive, in return your children will look after you.
502
I almost cry every time I listen to the song and recall how much my father was great.
489
Who is cutting these damn onions here :(
40
Anyone still listening to this in 2019 as I do?
105
I missed my late father although he had passed away about 15 years ago.
12
I love this song, my father died when I was 16, I miss him so. looking forward to seeing him in the resurrection !
7
Ahhh.. I never saw my dad he passed away when I was 3 months.. I need him so much now in everything this song makes my cry always.. But I feel him as if he with me I can feel his love to me.. I love you my dady habiby :) but I just feel so lonely..
266
MY PAPA SALIH ZEKI TOLGA REST IN PEACE DAD
6
My heart melted hearing this song and my eyes 👀 Springs with my love for my father.... It is actually the real story of me and my father infact. I Hail to to its lyricist and Mr. Anca .
8
When I have dry eyes, I'd listen to this song to remember my Papa.
7
almost 2018 and cant stop listening, by far one of the most touching songs of all of time
51
Then one day my Papa said, "Son, I'm proud of how you've grown" He said: "Go make it on your own. And don't worry! I'm O.K. alone.".........I say this now to my kids.
24
I can't listen to this song without a tear.
48
A really sad sad sad song , I missed my parents so much . May Allah swt bless them both .. Aamiin
15
My dad passed away 4 days ago. This song makes me cry and that's part of grieving.
35
How many times will you make me cry??? This is 27th time... and it'll go on
13
Very beautiful and touching song Thank you so much Mr. Paul Anka...thank you from myheart ...
74
i cry every time i listen to it…
12
"your children live through you" was my oral skills project paper back in university. This song was a tool a played in the end of the presentation.. That's why this song is so dear to my heart..now, after 8 years of dad's passing away, this song has become a bloody mark in my heart. Bless your soul dad.
8
This is the most heart touching song I've ever heard of
10
To the memory of my father who is still living with me  every moment ever since he died in 29-8-1979  ,,, to my best friend , my teacher , my idol ,, my ideal example ,,, the man who encouraged me to be what I am now ,, with his GREAT love  he made our life rich ,,, to my mother whom I can never describe and whose love and devotion can never be found ,, words are not enough to portray the love  of my great  parents ,,, RIP my beloved parents ...May  God bless you ,,,
60
i cry every time whenever i listen this song
58
Never failed to shed my tears everytime listening to this song. Love u Papa.
14
The times were rough, but, Papa, he was tough. And, Mama, she stood beside him all along.
33
for my Dad, my Papa! Miss you so!
32
Hi paul anka , In fact my son told me about this song since then at least i listen to this song whenever i get leisure time .so wonderful and awesome ,you made my son to be proud of me.
8
If clock can reverse back .I will go and hug my dear father.
4
i start crying , so powerfull .
109
Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn.
12
Beautiful Song of the Century...
19
June 2019 still the song I like it, Thanks Mr Paul.
9
This song is really touching. It touched the core of my heart. Thanks Mr. Paul Anka and your team.
8
This song is such a special song to me cause it stir up my emotions about my dad. I have the greatest dad in the whole wide world(I'm sure there are dads like him out there too but I'm just expressing my gratitude🙏) My dad would do everything for me & my sinlings. Not only he would sacrifice his life for his family & children but he has a kindest heart he help everyone even strangers too. He's not my dad but also a mom, a friend to me too. Growing up as Asian American the mom only care about her son & mistreated/ abused her daughters and the only person who protects, love, caring with unconditon love is this dad. He's funny, caring, always put others people first, very skillful, he can cook, garden, do construction works, fishing, hunting etc. After he loses his business & lost almost everything but that didn't break him, he stands up & rebuild his life so his children could have a good life. Even he's no longer rich he still helps people especially to the new immigrants, the elderly, the disabled. He's the favorite person in the family, everyone-his children, his grandkids & his friends adored & admired him. Thank you for being a great father, a great human being , a good role model for us dad. I love you & appreciated you more than I can say. Thank you🙏🙏🙏wishing you healthy, happy & longivity.
2
2019...song still the best
6
I had visited here last year2019 father's day......and came again in 2020... Father's day...
30 سنه اسمع هذه الأغنيه وكل مره ابكي بحرقه .. كلمات اروع ماسمعت
32
1-Try not to cry 2-Lay on the floor 3-Start crying
14
This is one of the best songs ever
13
Suddenly i remembered this song, i listen to this when I was 11 years old, searched it..... This song sent shivers to my spine.... its so good its so so true...
8
Paul Anka Lyrics and song,I am choked I am speechless,I miss Both my Lovely Mother who gave Me Birth and My Father who Loved all my Brothers & sisters.I miss Ma & Baba so much,I cry for them.Allah Bless them & allow their souls in Haven.Excellent song with Music,all you are Great.  
10
This is what true talent sounds like LIVE..
4
Paul anka what a legend
17
they say that my papa every day work
5
THE 32 DISLIKE'S HAS NO PAPA!!
17
When I listen the song I just remember my father? I see my father is returning from patients home! How he loved us! Only reminiscences remains!
5
159 have hearing problems
14
This is such a powerful performance.... every time I watch it, it sends shivers down my spine... Thanks Mr. Anka for such a gift to all.... Regards...
2
I was crying watching this , what a deep impact it has , full of emotions and reality
4
Such a touching song. It's the first time I listen to it and it made my heart melt
3
wow brilliant lyrics
12
God bless my father 🙏🏻
7
Now it's my turn.....I sing this now to my kids!!
27
My God! Like he is talking on my behalf. Just the same childhood, same tender parents, same simple happiness... And same destiny. And I feel the same everytime I kiss my own kids.
45
The emotions and maturity penetrates from this singing, it is light years apart from Paul's 1974 original singing, whence he was not a papa yet. Alas, It brings tears whenever one listens.
1
The song I often played when I was young.The Paul Anka Long Playing Record is still with me and I love it.
7
i wich i have my dad know to tell him that he was rigth
4
Oh my god. This song is amazing. I started to listen to this song when I was a baby. When I listen to this song, I experience the most and my emotions just suddenly change. It's good to have our memory reminded but sometimes, it just suddenly turns my emotion on a negative way. SAD :(((((((. RESPECT AND LOVE YOUR PARENTS CUZ THEY CAN BE GONE ANYTIME. Who knows?
5
My god, the best version ever !
10
this song makes my cry inside
8
I love this song and I love my father forever <3 My father is my blood, my vein, my safety, my smile, my joy and love. My mother is the feeling when all feelings are gone and my mother is the tears when all tears are gone. My parents are my happiness and my satisfaction. I love my parents <3
2
My tears go down every time I listen to this song, and I'm a 44 young man married to a female wife.
3
2019 still crying
7
I feel this song to much ,God bless,To your Father & Mother, every one.
9
This is the most timeless decade song i have ever seen in my live.
4
Memories are flooding back this was my class song when I was standard 5😭😭
What an extraordinary tribute to a father's devotion to his family. Thank you. 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 🕊❤️
2
The Father's day,2017. Thank God for give me a father
10
this song remind me my papa. owhh missed him so much
2
I miss you Dad.. May your good soul finds comfort and eternal peace with Jesus
2
Honestly I missed my late father
3
Thank you Paul. Listening this number after several decades!
5
amazing.,.this song really broke me,,, God,bless my parents and thank you for them
9
While I hear this song, l also feel crying. Though my Papa had already passed away for years, but l think of him very much.
13
Just sitting here.... crying.... no big deal
18
I always think of my papa when I listen to this song with tears dripping from my eyes.
3
The great song to describe true relations. Every time I hear this song it makes me cry and reminds me of the sweet memories of my great father. One of a Diamond relationships with no replacements. Paul Anka you have sung it from heart and that is why it is a heart touching song, May Allah bless you.
6
God please bless my parents, they deserve it
4
👌❤️ 😔Wow, that just hits your emotions deep down. Do they make lyrics & music like this anymore !? Definitely among the best English songs I have heard, an absolute gem!
2
I hope 90% peoples will be crying in audience.
2
What a lesson!!! I'll take it; thanks Paul, God bless.
12
Pretty song .... Parent is everything.... This song is touching my heart He said " Go make it on your own ".... And don't worry ! I'm O.K alone....
6
I wish i could kiss this man hands May God bless us All I always cry when i listen him...
2
this song really touched me so deeply....
16
Where can we find the themes of this song so that we can see it in different perspectives?
2
Wish I had a papa to feel this song better.... Even in death
1
Filimy craft arun bro SquaDsss like... 🔥
2
so nice words no one can replace your tough father.
19
Some songs are timeless. This is one of those.
1
really amazing , God bless my parents , thank you
5
I wonder why this was recomended, I can say that this video I just watched is the 'best' one I have ever watched.
2
My Son will be going to work in Oversea after this Chinese New Year I forward this song to his mobile phone, he may not get the real meaning in the lyrics at this moment... Son I'm proud of you've growing, there are things you need to do and places you need to see as father is sad when he say good bye to me....I not that wonderful father as in the lyrics but I hope Son will do better for his children in future..Thank you Paul Anka !    
16
I think of my dad..and my son too.. who will move on with his life...So hard to imagine!
2
5
one of the greatest song i love to hear..... God bless my father.
1
My papa was gone forever.i'm living with my mom now
1
RIP our fathers, I was very young when he passed away, 🥺😢 I am a father now and I am giving my heart to my kid, ❤️❤️🙏🙏
This song is what I called East meets West. You dont hear a lot of Western music paying tribute to their parents like the East does especially the Vietnamese music that I know of. What a heart felt song.
7
The time pass true but love still for evert like this son resume everything in this life like the force in the universe That why This guy was triunfo
1
Certainly reminds me my old days with my dad. Makes me cry!
1
Take a rest in your heaven and I'll tell you when we meet. I love you, Dad.
2
This song means alot to me And brings tears into my eyes.. My parents were the BEST PARENTS IN THIS WORLD ..
1
FILIMICRAFT Arun Bro review parthu vanthavarkal oru like
1
Miss my dad<I love you>
2
This song was make me cry. The song is as like mine parents. 😂. Parents love their kids before themselves.
1
I know this song by my English teacher and I've loved it in the first time listening. This song gave me love and tears. Very beautiful song!
9
my "Papa and my Mom"  I respect most in this world ... without them who we are ...!
3
Papa! I miss you so much! When will we meet again!
1
Remind us to appreciate our parents! All those goodie days!
1
My revered father means… .God-given Oscar award! we Love you Papa
He said, "Children live through you. Let them grow! They'll leave you, too"
Heard this song for the first time today the 19/11/19. God bless to you who have such father.
2
Damn first time i cried to a song
3
One of the most touching songs I have heard in a loooong time !!!!!
1
i miss my father so much and every time I hear this song or watch it my tears begun to flow. I love him so much and it hurts me whenever I hear this song.
This was sent to me by someone I used to love.
1
My Father was a great Dad.......love him
1
The best song on Dads ever! Paul Anka 🙏🏼
Heart touching. Missing my parents !
1
Bring tears to my eyes~ Meaningful lyrics. Beautiful song.
I love him because he let me to remember my father and my mother when I was young very thing that my father/mother told me as if Paul anka was with us it is true what I have said
3
one sweet day I'll be with him.amen
1
When I heard this song at my childhood era I felt proud of my parents , they're extremely great and when I hear it today I feal that I want to cry thank you Papa & Mama
Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Jesus Christ
1
Miss my Mother,Dad and my wife!!!
1
how can there not be any comments on this?! guess ill be the first. i love my family with all my heart
1
Man... I love this song make me crying every time i listen to it ..
The Two you never forget are your Mama and Papa
5
It's a very beautiful version and I love this song very much, every time I listen to this song it's almost make me cry, may the LORD bless you Mr.Paul Anka.
This song is so powerful!! it touches every part of my soul. May Allah Bless You Papa...
I feel this wonderful song since 5 years, regularly.. Every time I need to wipe my eyes
The ones who love me more than themselves, Only Papa and Mama in the whole world.
1
When I listen to this song, I remember my grandfather.
2020 in 23 dayss!!!!!
2
Why every time I listen it brings tears in my eyes. Why it touches your soul so much that you like to hear it again and again even if it brings tears and sadnesss. I truly love this song!!!
1
no matter who sings that song, it always bring tears to my eyes. I love that song!
Great song.How nicely it brings out the emotions in very simple words.Great voice.
12
Love this song so much time and time watching but still want to watch
1
Everyday my papa would work To try to make ends meet To see that we would eat Keep those shoes upon my feet Every night my papa would take me And tuck me in my bed Kiss me on my head After all my prayers were said And there were years Of sadness and of tears Through it all Together we were strong We were strong Times were rough But Papa he was tough Mama stood beside him all along Growing up with them was easy The time had flew on by The years began to fly They aged and so did I And I could tell That mama she wasn't well Papa knew and deep down so did she So did she When she died Papa broke down and he cried And all he could say was, "God, why her? Take me!" Everyday he sat there sleeping in a rocking chair He never went upstais Because she wasn't there Then one day my Papa said, "Son, I'm proud of how you've grown" He said, "Go out and make it on your own. Don't worry. I'm O.K. alone." He said, "There are things that you must do" He said, "There's places you must see" And his eyes were sad as he As he said goodbye to me Every time I kess my children Papa's words ring true He said, "Children live through you. Let them grow! They'll leave you, too" I remember every word Papa used to say I kiss my kids and pray That they'll think of me Oh how I pray They will think of me That way Someday
5
I like this song so much and I listen to it again and again
2
The more i hear this song the more i cry..Words are really touching
1
1
I love this song so much and it really touches my heart. I miss my dad very much. Thank you Mr. Paul anka .
Everytime I listen to this piece, I pickup the phone and call my father. Brilliant and touching.
I love my papa... 😭
1
Wonderful lyrics ! Thank you so much Den Ta for posting this song ! Happy Father's Day to you and all listeners ( June 19 /2016 )
4
I always feel like cryin evertime I listen to this song. such a powerful song!!!! I can totally relate to this song!!!!
May Allah bless my dear Dad , May he Rest In Peace. Love you papa.
Boundless love from Papa and Mama!
1
a beautiful lyrics that we should remember when we grow older. cest la vie
this nearly make me cry
1
Every Father is a great Father! I hope i would be a great father to my future kids. I have been waiting for them for a long time. Please come with me my desired angels!
1
This is the most moving and powerful song I have heard for a long time. My dad died 6 mths ago, and mum 10 years ago. I miss them both so much. Beautiful lyrics.
My tears running down any times whenever i listen to this song ....both of my parents they passed away and this song touched my heart tks mr Pall anka loving you so much....your fans sice 1963....
My dad's fav song. I miss him so much :((
I remember my daddy. with tearful eyes,I keep on listening to it often. I can see the same papa in my husband for his children.
touching my heart, I can feel it deeply...
That makes me stronger. I love them all.
Amazing video.Every time I see it I cry.I miss my parents vey much Dear Lord tell them that Iove them n miss them. God bless Paul Anka and the person ,who has up loaded this masterpiece.
Excellent songwriting with a most powerful performance on top of it!
1
I love song~~♡ very good~~!!!!!
1
oh., love this song..paul anka sings so beautifully..
This song strongly reminds me my late father. May he rest in peace....I luv u dad...
Im still here 2020
What a singer what a performer made me remember my dad God bless his soul. Thanks for sharing.
Meaningful songs, thank so much!
1
make me cry.......love u pops....
3
Dear lord that was hard to go through shedding some tears Kudos to you whoever who uploaded this and to Paul Anka! Best song ever! Will remain in my heart
This song is great. Many people, including myself, cry when they hear this song because of the perfect combination: Lyrics, music & the true deep feelings that Paul Anka has expressed while singing. Thanks Duc Ta for sharing.
This heart rendin gsong makes me so sad. It reminds me of my great father. I miss him so much.
make me miss so much my father... May Allah bless him and take him to His side.
Growing up with them was easy The time had flew on by The years began to fly They aged and so did I ...
Paul Anka is such an amazing talent. I've Loved him since I was a little girl!
A very good universal song , an excellent interpretation by a great artist ...A real life story we all can relate to ....with tears. Stays hope that our kids will be around ...if/when needed.
I don't know what's making me cry. The lyrics, music and voice all are equally beautiful. God bless this man.
1
together we are strong..
2
I'd listen the song on radio when I was young(thirdteen years old) and I didn't get mean of the song. Five years later when I was studen.I'd crying like a children when list it again. Now I became to a father I still wanna crying every time listen this song.
Thank you so much Duc, I missed my dad so much, he passed away when I was 18 I can see the pain in mom
Who are falling tears when watching this video like me?
2
MY MOTHER AND FAHER 10YERS NOW EVRY NIGHT WHEN I AM ALONE AND CRYING 😢 AND FELT THY ARE SITING WITH MEE KISSING ME 😢😢😢😢😢😢 LOVE YOU MAMA PAPA 😢❤️😢❤️😢❤️😢❤️💕❤️
Gostaria de pedir tradução das músicas de Paul Anka , obrigada .CMG
What a beautiful song it always make me cry. My Father died when I was 4 and now God give us two boys and I am trying my best to be good Father. Let's pray for all the Fathers of the world
Very beautiful song with alot of meaning to our daily actively I cannot stop Playing this song.All Paul Anka songs are great but this is the best song ever.
Lost my Dad 41 years ago and Mom 23. My son lost his Dad when he was 18 months old. I'm crying, more for my son missing his Father's love and care.
Yes guys,m always miss my mom n my dad,they are great for me, my Allah bless them..Aaminn..
Father : always a legend !
This is a nice video i like it my dad likes it too <3 NICE VIDEO!!!
1
first time to listen to this song, gosh, you will feel the pain, i can;t help but cry....thanks for sharing this wonderful song...
paul nailed it 1000 thumbs up for him
4
yes, my feeling with my dad is more than ever
1
2020 who listening song???
Oh why my papa left us alone in this tough life. you cared only for yourself without securing our future. I wished to feel something special towards you but all I can remember how badly you were beating my mother when I was only innocent child. oneday when I was only 9 he pointed a gun towards my mother that was too much for a small kid ☹☹
2
so feel in my heart..to all papa in the world..we love u
Brought tears to my eyes.
I LOVE MY DAD .
This song makes me cry so much. It is in a certain way my story with my beloved father and mother. How I wish they are alive so I can tell them how much I love them for all the things they did for me

No comments:

Post a Comment